Amotekun has made restructuring inevitable –Dickson

Amotekun has made restructuring inevitable –Dickson

Published

Festus Abu, Adelani Adepegba, Eniola Akinkuotu, and Abiodun Nejo

Bayelsa State Governor Seriake Dickson insists Operation Amotekun has made the restructuring of the country inevitable.

The Federal Government has come under attack for declaring the security initiative of South-West governors to check criminal activities in their states illegal. And Dickson, who has thrown their weight behind Operation Amotekun, says the governors opted for the outfit because of “the politicisation and collapse of the centralised national security apparatus in the country”.

“The politicisation and overcentralisation of security without an effective funding mechanism and arrangements for professionalism has reduced Nigeria to an un-policed country,” the governor said in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Fidelis Soriwei, on Monday.

He warned that if the country was not restructured, there might be nothing left for Nigerians to restructure when they were ready.

Dickson, who described “Amotekun as a component of the restructuring” which he had championed, said every South-South state had some form of internal security mechanism to collaborate with the law enforcement agencies.

According to him, his state has Bayelsa Volunteers, State Vigilante, Community Safety Corps and Water Water Security.

He said, “No governor from the South-South has made serious comments on the issues of restructuring, state police and true federalism

“I have taken the message for restructuring, true federalism and the need for state police everywhere, even to the doorstep of the President.”

Dickson added, “Amotekun is a clear issue of restructuring. It is like state and regional police that I have been calling for.”

Also, the Interfaith Dialogue Forum For Peace said Operation Amotekun would help to address the security challenges facing the South-West.

9 Comments

1. financial consultant

January 24, 2020 at 10:24 am

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?
    I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would really
    like to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would value your work.
    If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

2. affiliate marketing for beginners

January 24, 2020 at 7:51 pm

I every time spent my half an hour to read this website’s posts all the time along with a cup
    of coffee.

3. financial plan

January 25, 2020 at 7:40 am

An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who was conducting a little homework on this.

And he in fact ordered me breakfast due to the fact that I found it for him…
    lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!

But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this subject here on your site.

4. health education

January 25, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Just want to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is simply cool and i can assume
    you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me
    to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

5. financial advisor marketing

January 27, 2020 at 1:52 am

Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it
    to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

6. Free Classified Adds

February 17, 2020 at 3:50 pm

There is definately a lot to learn about this topic. I like all of the points
    you’ve made.

7. healthy living

February 17, 2020 at 5:02 pm

This is my first time visit at here and i am actually impressed to read everthing at single place.

8. Online Advertising

February 18, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Good blog you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find excellent writing like yours these days.
    I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

9. petites annonces gratuites fr

February 19, 2020 at 11:52 pm

My spouse and I stumbled over here different web page and thought
    I should check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to exploring your web page for a second time.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Amotekun has made restructuring inevitable –Dickson

Amotekun has made restructuring inevitable –Dickson

Published

Festus Abu, Adelani Adepegba, Eniola Akinkuotu, and Abiodun Nejo

5 Comments

1. financial consultant

January 24, 2020 at 10:24 am

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?
    I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would really
    If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

2. affiliate marketing for beginners

January 24, 2020 at 7:51 pm

of coffee.

3. financial plan

January 25, 2020 at 7:40 am

And he in fact ordered me breakfast due to the fact that I found it for him…
    lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!

4. health education

January 25, 2020 at 3:06 pm

you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me
    to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

5. financial advisor marketing

January 27, 2020 at 1:52 am

and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *